Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

 Sep 23

    Prompt: Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

    Prompt Response: Constructing the full argument essay was stressful but important for the development of my writing. I think the easiest part was writing body paragraphs. The most challenging was the introductory paragraph and the concluding paragraph. I think it was hard because I didn't exactly know what to say for it. With the body paragraphs I already had my evidence and claims but for the introductory and concluding paragraphs I didn't plan. 

    Summary: In class we wrote our full argumentative essay.

    Reflection: I learned how to construct an essay on a timer.  It will help me for the AP exam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.