Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

     Prompt: Which part of building an argument is the most challenging for you, and why? 

    Prompt Response: In previous blog posts I mentioned how I really struggle with explaining my evidence and how it connects to my claims. I am an over thinker and sometimes I think that contributes to the way I write. I'm good at creative writing, but argumentative writing is a whole different ball game. Sometimes I feel out of place with it just because of how structured it is. In conclusion, typically explaining evidence is my area of struggle. 

    Summary: Today in class we reflected on our argument paragraph and covered some do's and don'ts of argumentative writing.

    Reflection: I learned how your position + reason = your claim. I now know I can use this when crafting my claims. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.