Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

 9/18

   Prompt: What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before?

   Prompt Response: I think now I understand the "what is it trying to show" and the "why does it matter" part. At first I would just repeat the evidence without properly explaining it. If I did that in the AP test I realize now that I would've probably earned a total of 2 points after looking at the rubric. For our next argument essay coming up I will explain my evidence with that method. The "What is it trying to show?", "Why does it matter?" and the "How does it connect back to the claim?"

   Summary: In class we did a worksheet prompting us to write commentary for an existing claim and some evidence. 

   Reflection: I learned how to distinguish the two different steps of the "So what" part of explaining. It will help me to make my evidence better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.