Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
9/15
Prompt: Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Prompt Response: Usually I take the route of looking at the rubric after receiving my grade, however I think I will do the opposite for this assignment. I'm going to use the rubric as a guide/roadmap because it helps me see exactly what kind of essay teachers are looking for. It will also help me keep in mind of the points and if I'm following exact criteria that will allow me to score the most points. Looking at the rubric as a guide will definitely improve my writing. I can also take the essays we looked at for reference.
Summary: In class we went over the rubric some more and how the points work.
Reflection: I learned that for evidence it is a total of 4 points. It is the main portion of the essay and should be strategically thought out.
Comments
Post a Comment