Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.

 Sep 21

    Prompt: Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.

    Prompt Response: I think cosmopolitan will be most useful to me in the future. I want to be a very cultured person and know a little bit about everything so this word resonates with me. The word cosmopolitan means to be familiar with different areas of the world and their cultures. Realistically, I can use the word when talking about different foods. I could say, "I am a cosmopolitan when it comes to food."

    Summary: In class we wrote down fifteen new vocabulary words in our notebook and did activities using the words.

    Reflection: I learned some new words. I can add these words to my vocabulary to expand it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.