Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did ethos, pathos, or logos persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt response: This summer I tried to convince my mom to let me get a job. I am sixteen and usually people my age start getting jobs around this time. Thinking back on it I realize I used ethos to explain my credibility to her as a responsible person. I am responsible for multiple things around the house, so I used that as a way to establish my credibility. The most effective seemed to be ethos because I described to her why I am responsible for having a job.
Summary: Today In class we presented our "Origin of our name" assignment and did more ethos, pathos, and logos scenarios.
Reflection: Today I learned about some of my classmates origins and meanings of their names. I also learned how to really look and decipher if something is either ethos, pathos or logos and question why It is.
Comments
Post a Comment