Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

     Prompt : Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, "Why?" or "How do you know?" Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it? 

        Prompt response: I remember in the 8th grade I got into a huge debate about Marvel characters vs DC characters with some classmates. Someone asked "Hulk or Aquaman?". Like any person with common sense I picked "Hulk". The kid made a face and asked me, "Why, hulk?" I think I said something like, " Hulk's rage alone makes him physically powerful, you see that in the movies. Hulk usually survives big blows that would kill an avenger or even DC superheroes. If the fight was in water then maybe Aquaman might have a chance but even then depending on Hulk's rage he would still crush him." In that moment it was important for me to provide evidence and explain it so I could defend why Hulk would beat Aquaman.

    Summary: In class we debated whether there is such a thing as a "good kill" or not.

    Reflection: I learned that there are always two sides to the story. I also learned the importance of evidence. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.