Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.
Prompt: Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from chapters 1-3 of "Thank You for Arguing" in your response.
Prompt response: I remember I got into an argument about race with one of my friends. He tried to say "the darker you are the more aggressive you are." I, of course, had a complete opposite opinion then him and I felt offended being that I'm darker skinned myself. Instead of effectively arguing I got into my feelings which led us from an argument to a fight. One thing from "Thank You for Arguing" that I understand looking back at the fight is that I shouldn't have tried to outscore my opponent, instead I should've tried to get my own way.
Summary: Today we read the first three chapters of "Thank You for Arguing" and we finished our ethos, pathos and logos assignment.
Reflection: We learned how past, present, and future tense can be used in rhetoric. I now know that for future arguments to argue effectively I need to know what tense I am arguing in.
Comments
Post a Comment