How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?
Prompt: How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity?
Prompt response: Atlanta has a prominent black community that leads the city and teaches me leadership. Although I am in the metro area, the city is twelve minutes away, so on the weekends my mom and I are almost always up there. Living in Atlanta teaches me to have love for my community. It makes me want to volunteer and help anyway I can. Atlanta is a safe place knowing that there are so many people in the city that look like me.
Summary: Today in class we watched Ms. Keisha Lance Bottoms speech "Go home" and used SPACE CAT to identify the rhetorical situation.
Reflection: I learned about the George Floyd riots in Atlanta and how they caused Ms. Keisha Lance Bottoms to speak out. By dissecting her speech I was able to find the rhetorical appeals and situation.
Comments
Post a Comment