Describe a time you felt completely lost.

     Prompt: Describe a time you felt completely lost.

Prompt response: A time I felt completely lost was when I was in my Geometry class, sophomore year. I run track and unfortunately most of our meets were scheduled during the week. The way the class operated was we learned a boatload of new content each day except Fridays, which were usually review days or quiz/test days. When I had a meet during the week, that same week I would come to class the next day I would always feel completely lost. I was always playing catch up. 

    Summary: In class we identified claims of fact, policy and value from a passage on how three-year bachelors degrees can save families.

    Reflection: I learned how to properly identify the claim of fact, value and policy in a text. I can also explain why they are either one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.