As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family or society.

     Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family or society.

    Prompt response: As I grow older the topic I'm debating about more and more seems to be dress code. For whatever reason I get called "grown" or "fast" for just wanting to wear a tank top or a skirt. I don't necessarily want to dress in revealing clothes, but why am I always criticized for what I'm wearing. This is more of a topic for my family due to the fact that Lakeside doesn't have a real dress code. You also see this in a society where younger girls are called "grown" or "fast" for small things when there are bigger issues society could be worrying about.

    Summary: Today in class we learned about arguments and rhetorical appeals.

    Reflection: The three different types of rhetorical appeals are logos, ethos and pathos. I learned that I can use these rhetorical appeals to persuade an audience and use them effectively in an argument.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.